Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Home Dedication

Symbols of Zion Home Dedication Plaque
It’s funny how quickly life can change. It seems like just yesterday that I was a young mom with three small children. Now I’m a grandma with three adult children and two grandchildren! My husband and I don’t look as young as we did 29 years ago, but we’ve earned every gray/white hair on our heads! 

Our youngest daughter got married on May 30th. In the 35 years that I’ve been doing weddings, I made my first wedding dress for pay when I was 14, this is the first wedding that came off without a glitch.

Watching the last four months of work all come together in one magical day for her was the best pay off I could have asked for. The weather was perfect, the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were great, the ceremony was wonderful and it’s nice to know that you are loved by so many people as they file through the reception line. The line finally ended at 9:30, and the food came out almost down to the plate. There were enough leftovers for a few chicken salad croissants the next couple of days, along with a few veggies and dip.  We did have quite a few chocolate éclairs left over, but they made the perfect treats for our Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching families.  We were glad to get rid of them and they were glad to receive them. 

I am so grateful for wonderful family, friends and neighbors.  May we all dedicate our homes as a place where the Spirit of the Lord may dwell, where we can learn to love God and serve others, and where family and friends may feel welcome.

Until next time,
Les

No comments:

Post a Comment